Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuesday morning links

I don't spend enough time linking to things that I see around the web. Herewith, an attempt to change that with a list of awesome things I've seen lately (in no particular order):

Thirty Mosques in Thirty Days is made of awesome. Best wishes to all the Muslims who are fasting their way through Ramadan right now. Since the Jewish Yamim Noraim (Days of Awe) are coming up at about the same time that Ramadan ends, let me wish you all an easy fast (which is what Jews wish each other for the much, much shorter fast of Yom Kippur) and a joyful Eid ul-Fitr.

The blog "No, Not You" offers Sexual Assault Prevention Tips that are guaranteed to work.

My friend Natalia is very smart and thoughtful. Here is her response to Stanley Fish's recent NYT piece on teaching writing.

ETA: There is nothing especially funny about insomnia, as I can attest as the wife of a chronic insomniac. But this is extremely funny. My favorite is the dream pie chart, with the 35% piece for "Pointless."

2 comments:

Natalia said...

Thanks for the link and kind words!

Those sexual assault prevention tips are priceless.

Tommy said...

The 30 mosques! I'm literate in Islamic history and thought but ignorant of the day to day. I had been expecting something architectural from you, but that site is really wonderfully real. Thanks.