Monday, March 30, 2009

People who should have a blog

Today I went to Long's (drug store) to pick up some roach traps and coconut milk (not to be used together). The coconut milk is for making Thai curry for dinner tomorrow (because we have some graprao basil that needs using up) and the roach traps are, well, because we live in the tropics where roaches are not a sign of poor housekeeping but just a part of the domestic ecosystem. Now that Chuck Norris has moved on to greener pastures, we have to look elsewhere for our roach control.

As I went to check out, the cashier asked me in a chipper tone, "Did you find everything you were looking for today?" I said I had, even though what I was looking for was a strange combination of things. "That's nothing," she said. "One guy came through earlier with a bottle of drain cleaner and a package of straws."

I suggested she start writing short stories or at least keeping a blog. This is the cashier who was hip enough to recognize my Kingdom of Loathing t-shirt a couple of weeks ago. Clearly she is a person of discernment and should be encouraged.

No comments: