Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Welcome 2009! 2008 turned out to be a year which, on the whole, we're probably all pretty happy to put behind us, since it was full of exploding mortgages, financial meltdowns, and ongoing war. Yet it was also the year in which we (personally) spent the summer in Paris, in which I finished my book manuscript, in which my mother's scary diagnosis was followed by successful surgery and good prognosis, and in which we (collectively) elected a black guy president. So I can't complain. My goals for the new year are simple: a solid book contract, a kick-ass tenure dossier, and a new addition to our little family. None of these things are in sight yet (particularly the last, so pipe down, relatives), but just because you can't see all the way down the road doesn't mean you aren't on the right track. I wish the same for all of you.

1 comment:

Natalia said...

Oh, congratulations on finishing your book! I'm in awe.